Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Connections

• Please log in to reply

Roodee

Roodee

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi guys cleverboy12 and the force, i thought i had got rid of my problem with the notification bubble not coming out anymore but it seems that has returned with something else this time. Yesterday i went to my network connections and well there was nothing there nada zip zero. so i made a connection for the dial up isp i have. ok so that went well and my notification bubble popped up and everything then i restarted my comp, and what do u know i logged on to the NET and my notification bubble was missing so i went to my network connections and The 1 i made a couple of hours before i restarted my comp Dissapeard. so thn i made another and then i dialed up and got on the net everything was fine and then bubble popped up again but then i dissconnected to turn off the modem speaker or whatever when dialing and well i had the Folder for the network connections open when i was dialing and then the connection i had just made a few min before that Dissapeard right in front of my eyes. Guys plz help me im losing it here i cant take it anymore without the way it used to be. Plz Plz Plz help in anyway you can. Thanks

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hi there Roodee, it looks like you could still have some malware left over..

You Must Read Before Posting A HijackThis Log

Please Post A HijackThis Log In The Malware Forum

If You Dont Know What HijackThis Is and Dont Know How To Use It Please See Before Posting A HijackThis Log

Please Follow All The Steps Carefully and Start Your Own Topic So That An Expert Can Come Along And Help You Out.

:tazz: Good Luck :)

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I found this: http://help.expedien...p-no-icon.shtml

might as well try it

did you scan your computer for malware using ad-aware or similar programs?

if your computer isnt misbehaving besides losing icons, it sounds more like a file corruption or missing setting than malware.

Roodee

Roodee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yeah i used ad aware and then i tried this program i found online that was for malware and it was called A-Squared the logo had the a and then the lil 2 number above it. There was no Malware whatsoever. So you think it could be File Corruption?

Roodee

Roodee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I also tried that link you gave me and all those things are check but next to the Network DDE and Network DDE DSDM those say Stopped unlike the rest that say running and i dont know how to hget them running.

Roodee

Roodee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey Force i got them to turn on by using the services in the Contorl Panle but nothing happend still dissapeares. You now im thinking it might be Final Fantasy 11 because after i installed that thats when this started happening what do you think?

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I dont think that would do it. I'll keep looking though :tazz: has to be something somewhere

Roodee

Roodee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok thanks alot Force for all your help. I really appreciate it.