Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ram compatibility?

• Please log in to reply

tuscan440

tuscan440

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
i just want to know if some ram im thinkin of buying will work properly in my current system (upgrading to 2gb)
i currently have an asus a7n8x deluxe which has 3 dual channel DDR SDRAM DIMMS (up to 3GB) with the nforce2 chipset
it currently has 2x256mb sticks in the slot one and two, and a 512mb (CL3,64megx72) stick in the 3rd slot,
info here at http://www.crucial.c...DULE=CT6472Z40B

now my first question is will it support high density ram? secondly if the CL of the 512mb stick is 3 can i get a 1gb stick running at CL 2.5 and run it in a seperate channel without any problems or will this cause a conflict?
the plan is to get an identical stick for the other 512mb stick and put them in the one channel, then with the one spare slot i will fill with the 1gb stick with a diferent CL. (the CL will be the only difference between the sticks)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Look your motherboard up at Crucial.com, they will give you a list of memory that they guarantee that 1) your board will like the memory and 2) it's good and error free, otherwise refund or your money back.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The 512 should be in slot 1