Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player problem help fast

• Please log in to reply

Doug2k9

Doug2k9

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Whenever i run a file of any extension it just loads the windows media player itself and not the file only way i can get the file to run is if i press open with windows media player which shouldn't be the only way. Can anyone tell me how i can fix this so everything will be back to normal thanks Doug.

Advertisements

Doug2k9

Doug2k9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
and another thing i have problems with is now when i download some setups.exe like wmp10 or others it says Command line option sytax error. TYpe Command /? for Help. so if anyone can solve my two problems i'd be greatly happy

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You may need to go into WMP tools/options and set the default file types. Sometimes when you install another player it "takes over", then if you uninstall it there is no default player.

Doug2k9

Doug2k9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

You may need to go into WMP tools/options and set the default file types. Sometimes when you install another player it "takes over", then if you uninstall it there is no default player.

Yah i tried that already there all checked in windows media player :tazz: Still doesn't work and also i got this error with some exe's like mp10.exe gives me a command line error syntax just wish i could fix these two problems

Doug2k9

Doug2k9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
nvm fixed both problems with removing service pack 2 :tazz: