Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is 1.2kamd = 2.2k p 4?

• Please log in to reply

inite

inite

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
i was told they are the same...

when i reboot , it did show 2200 , but im not sure ... my technician built me a comp when i told him i wanna it to be p4 2.2k and he gave me 1.2k amd, claiming its the same

Advertisements

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
bump plz

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
bump plz

Dalton

Dalton

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Sadly no it's not. I prefer AMD systems myself but that much of a difference is too much. With the newer AMD stuff and the weird numbers they use for rating the processprs, then there is more confusion. It sounds like he got rid of some of his old stuff and pawned it onto you.a 1.8Ghz amd might be outperform a 2.2 P4 but not a 1.2. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
ya, i figured that =.= cos its running like my old pc... anyway, any idea amd 1.2 is close to pentium wad?

Dalton

Dalton

• Pip
  • 3 posts
maybe a 1.4 or 1.5 p4. however you can probably get a new cpu for it for pretty cheap, depending on the board he got you :tazz:

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
ok nvm, i got the answer somewhere else here =)

thx tho...

btw, im curious, i was told AMD Duron is the worst motherboard for gaming.. is that true?