There are a lot of people at the end of this link who are having somilar problems: http://www.fixyourow...ms/inkjet/18880
I have taken the info supplied by a "Lexmark Technician" and posted it below. Best of luck.
1) Unplug the USB cable from the back of the PC
2) Ensure there are no print jobs in the que. If there are, remove them.
3) Run the uninstaller included on the CD by right clicking on the second ? in the X1100 series cd popup
4) if you cant find that, click Start\All programs \ Lexmark X1100\ Uninstall
5) wait till its all finished, then click "Exit without rebooting" or something to that effect
6) Click start \ run and type " regedit " without the quote marks
7) Click the plus sign beside HKEY_Local_Machine
8) under that, click the plus sign beside System
9) under that, click the plus sign beside CurrentControlSet
10) under that, click the plus sign beside ENUM
11)under that, click the plus sign beside USB
12) Right click on USB and go to permissions
13) grant Everybody Full Control, then click apply, then OK
14) look for VID_043D_PIDxxxx (where xxx is wild card) and delete them. (right click, delete)
15) Close the regedit and reboot
THE USB CABLE SHOULD STILL BE UNPLUGGED
16)boot back into windows, and remove the Lexmar CD and put it back in (so that we get the auto-run)
17) click install, and the next\next\ next until it says "search results - no printer attached"
18) Plug in the USB
19) Cancel all the Add New Hard Ware windows that come up.
20) return to the Lexmark program and finish the install.
If this DOESNT work, do the same thing, EXCEPT skip step 19.