Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i can't get IEXPLORER.EXE to close

• Please log in to reply

tylerhollyfield

tylerhollyfield

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I cant get Internet Explorer to close, and it is taking up large amounts of memory usage and CPU, making my computer slow. I discovered the problem when i went to my Task Manager, and noticed 2 IEXPLORER.EXE's running, one using large amounts of memory usage, and the other not so much. I try to End Process, on either of them and it goes away, but then a second after, pops up again in my task manager. There alwase is 2 IEXPLORER.EXE's running in the task manager in the Process tab.

I close every program running on my computer, showing no sign of internet explorer in use on my computer, but it still seems to be running in the task manager.

I use firefox for my web browsing, and it too is closed while this problem is going on.

Its also causing pop ups to pop up while im playing games, and cant seem to figure out how to get rid of this!

Please help! thanks!

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
sounds like you have some malware.

Go the the malware forum post a hijackthis log there and the staff will help you out. :tazz: