Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hurricane Wilma

• Please log in to reply

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
Just a few days ago I watched the news and they mentioned a small tropical depression that would probably become a tropical storm. Then this morning, while I ate breakfast, I was watching the news and it is now a Level 5 Hurricane. Hurricane Wilma is the largest hurricane recorded in our history.

Last I heard they expect it to turn towards Florida.

For more info check out these sources:

http://www.quehubo.c...icane_wilma.php
http://www.cbsnews.c...ain947999.shtml
http://www.cnn.com/2...cal.weather.ap/
http://www.foxnews.c...,172680,00.html

masterj3000

Advertisements

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
This ol world is getting tired of being abused and mistreated.It's inevatable.Let's see what the flu season brings us this time.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hurricane Wilma is the largest hurricane recorded in our history.

It is? Where did you read/hear that?
I agree with the article (don't remember which one(s)) when it says that this is probably due to the increased temperature of water. Higher temperatures means more energy that can be given to a storm, and that creates larger storms, and more storms. I just wonder if this is a cycle, or the start of something worse.

Let's see what the flu season brings us this time.

Hopefully nothing. :tazz:

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
Some of the articles posted mention it and they've said it on the news too. Hurricane Wilma is the largest hurricane ever recorded.

-----

Oh the flu season... I always end up sick :) , not to mention a permanent runny nose. :tazz:

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Guest_BillyBobJunior_*

Some of the articles posted mention it and they've said it on the news too. Hurricane Wilma is the largest hurricane ever recorded.

-----

Oh the flu season... I always end up sick :) , not to mention a permanent runny nose. :tazz:

Remember they couldn't record the Galveston hurricane on radar to see how large it was. Large too? Its a compact cat. 5 hurricane aswell.

Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I hope Hurricane Wilma doesn't take any more lives. America have had enough hurricanes to contend with this year.

Also - flu, I've got it right now. :tazz:

AntyNet

AntyNet

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Here I am in Tampa FL, and a good majority of people in my office have already left, and gone to a more northern state.

Even if this ends up being a Cat. 3, this hurricane could cause MASSIVE damage to this area. No one can recall having a direct hit here in Tampa, and now it is a very real possiblity.

-AntyNet

Enzeru Rocker

Enzeru Rocker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I'm in Winter Park, FL. My boss and I work in Orlando, and the whole day yesterday she called all of our associates, to see how they were doing. And making sure everything was okay. I pray it doesn't do much of anything.

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
Are you two going to leave Florida or stay and tough it out. Honestly, I don't think staying there is worth it. It seems to me it'd be much more logical to make sure your lives are safe first.

flowergirl

flowergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
My Goodness, it looks like the hurricane is
heading towards the lower half of all of Florida! :tazz:

Click below for a map of the projected path.

Wilma's projected path

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Wat to say?
Simply
Disaster

Edited by Dr. Gutstein, 21 October 2005 - 11:54 AM.

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
It's so sad that the poor people at the Gulf of Mexico always has to suffer from tropical storms, etc.

FKG

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
I honestly don't understand why you would want to live there. It seems to me that the bad things (hurricanes, etc.) far outweigh the good. When you have to look out for hurricanes over half the year, it doesn't seem worth it.

Maybe some of you Floridians could explain why you live there to me.

Hope you all stay safe during the hurricane.