Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Port Stop Reading USB Drive

• Please log in to reply

PATDEE

PATDEE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a mobile USB Hotdrive 2.5 that I place most of my music collection on. I also use it for personal file I need to save on my work laptop. When I now connect the drive, using a USB connector to my Windows XP computer, the autoplay attemps to read the drive but eventually fails. This started happening after my daughter began to use her IPOD in the USD ports. Her Ipod works perfectly, but I the computer cant read my drive and I'm having trouble getting my flash drive memory stick to work as well. I also turned off autoplay, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?
j

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic-USB stop reading USB Drive
Date-20th oct-2005

Try Booting up PC – [WITHOUT] – Drive connected – Then after [Windows] is running – Connect Drive - & see if PnP can find drive –

If not – Then –

Go to [Device Manager] & see if there are any [Yellow Warning Signs] – If there is – Right Click – to bring up [Properties] Page & try to Install Driver –

Jack123