Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Starcraft & RS:RS probems

• Please log in to reply

Homki890

Homki890

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey all,
In Starcraft and in Rainbow Six: Rouge Spear, apparently no one can join my games that I host. I have no idea why, i turn off ALL (and i mean all) firewall and protection software that's on my laptop. I have an XP OS, and somebody mentioned that XP has some sort of firewall that has to be turned of in a "special way." Is this tru, and can anyone give me this special way? Or are these guys pulling my leg and its a simple problem? Help PLZ!!

Danke,
Homki890

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
even if you had the firewall enabled on xp it shouldn't block gaming. do you use a router? it may be necassary to open the ports on the router for those games.