Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound

• Please log in to reply

yakkers

yakkers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< i formatted my pc and re-installed back to out of box state and now i`ve got no sound. gone into device manager and there is no sound, video and controller topic. re-installed sound drivers that came with pc but none of them work. gone into bios setup to enable sound but can`t find anything. looked inside pc and there is a chip with creative soundblaster written on it.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
welcome to geektogo
your looking at the right thing your sound card most likely dose not have the right sound card drivers can you gave us the model and make of your card if not can you open the case like you did before and gave us all the # you can find on the card and off the chip where creative is then I can look it up to see what card you have. then we can find the drivers you need.
<_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
AIDA32 is a very useful tool for identifying components without opening the case, and it often includes a link to the drivers.
Download here: http://www.aida32.hu...32-download.php

Belarc Adivsor will also list your components, it's a little easier to use, but not as powerful.
Download here: http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html