Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC has been Hacked

• Please log in to reply

LdyLuv

LdyLuv

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm not sure this even belongs in this section of the forum. Since last week that I know of my pc has been hacked into. My credit card information has been stolen and used via the internet for over $130 so far. I've noticed that when I tried to use IE alot of the time it will error out and close down. I've tried to restore my pc to a date I know it was working fine. All attempts to restore fail. I've ran my virus program and that comes out ok. I don't know what else I can do to check my pc. Or if there is anyway to undo what a hacker may have already done to my system.

I was told about Zonealarm.com and their free firewall. I downloaded it and tried to install but it stops at 13% with an error File C:\Doc & Settings\Sims2\Local Setting\Temp\NEWINFOPATH could not be opened. The process can not access the file because it is used by another process. I opened taskmanager and closed all programs that was being used by user Sims2 except for taskmanager and explorer.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can go about resolving this- being able to restore system- or get the firewall to install I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Ldy

Advertisements