Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I permanently delete already deleted files?

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Boo! You need to add a few more words to your post so that anyone who might have had trouble with the same files could pass on what they learned to you.

Bye Wendy

Edited by wendy k. walker, 22 October 2005 - 02:07 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
First to Willy Wonka

Due to technical issues we are having with the site your post did not show up please post it again if you still need help. I do believe that you posted the same Question to you a few days ago and I answered.

Now to wendy k. walker

Please do not say hateful things like your first two words, it is against out terms of use you may be get you self in trouble if you keep it up. And also it was not his fault as explained above.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 22 October 2005 - 05:49 PM.

MarkDreams

MarkDreams

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Dear Wendy K Walker
I think I am correct:
Data written remains on the HD untill it is overwritten. Any files deleted go to the waste bin (recycle bin).
If that bin is emptied they are shown as being deleted ... the HD still has the data on file which you can still find using the command prompt. Only when the disk has been formated the data is eradicated. Wonder if that may help you?
MarkDreams

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi MarkDreams, Yes you are correct about that, however, I believe that what the poster was saying is that they have deleted files, and that those same files came back to life on their own.

I had a similar experience when I had killed off some files with HJT only to find that they had miraculosly resurrected themselves when I had ran another HJT several days later.

Bye, Wendy

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Michael Buckely, I believe that I have corrected to problem here. My first two words weren't actually meant to be hateful. nor hurtful. Where I'm from it simply indicates surprise at something that someone has done or said.

Anyway, thanks for bringing it to my attention, and I'll be more careful with my choice of words in the future.

Bye, Wendy