Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection momentarily becomes unavaliable

• Please log in to reply

hmarks3

hmarks3

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am running Windows XP professional service pack 2 and have a Dell Wireless 1450 Dual-Band (802.11a/b/g) USB wireless adapter
It works perfectley for everything including downloads and consistently maintains a 54Mbps connection, but when I play games online a message will frequentley pop up saying that the network connection is unavaliable
This lasts anywhere from from 3 - 30 seconds at 30 seconds it usually will dissconnect me from the game server
I have tried everything and don't know what to do

Advertisements

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Ok, number one - wireless and online gaming don't mix so well; wire your system for better connection speed and a consistent connection

Wireless typically will cut out if there is any interference in its usable bandwidth of frequencies (~2.4ghz) Household items that use 2.4ghz that can cause wireless interference include 2.4ghz phones and microwave ovens

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Ok, number one - wireless and online gaming don't mix so well; wire your system for better connection speed and a consistent connection

Wireless typically will cut out if there is any interference in its usable bandwidth of frequencies (~2.4ghz) Household items that use 2.4ghz that can cause wireless interference include 2.4ghz phones and microwave ovens

hmarks3

hmarks3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
well I dont have anything but computer hardware around the USB wireless adapter and I have unplugged all the wireless phones upstairs and there is nothing electronic besides power and phone lines in the walls, there is about 45 feet and three walls between the base station and my receiver
I also always have a full signal running 54Mbps all the time and have no connection issues with anything besides online gaming so I don't see how the problem could be interference do you have any other suggestion

hmarks3

hmarks3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Will someone please help me I have tried everytning and spent countless hours trying to get help