Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

processor pins broken !

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
what are the chances of my processor working after one pin from the side has broken off, one from the side is bent & 1 towards the center is bent...
or do i HAVE to buy a new processor :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. My quess would be chances are zero or less. Did the pin get broken off in the motherboard socket? If it is still in there, the problem may be larger than just replacing the processor.

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Well, the pin i dont think is stuck in the socket, not that i can recall. Ok in some cases wen you break the pin of completely the product starts to work, any luck on that possible. Don't wanna go breaking it for no reason otherwise.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Its possible the cpu will work it depends on what pin is broken if its one of the many that supply negitive current it could work.

If the pin is broke off in the socket let it there and give it a try you got nothing to lose.

Keep us posted on if it works.

Rick