Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help abt right-click

• Please log in to reply

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
hi there again everyone,
ok so i(actually it wasn't me) formatted my computer and installed winXP SP2 on it
that guy installed the english language (default) and the arabic language (coz i'm from lebanon and sometimes i need 2 type some arabic stuff)
but now when i right click on the desktop i get :
right_click.JPG

(notice the 3 arabic lines?)
so i need a little piece of advice on how to make those arabic lines become english ones!since i'm not THAT friendly with arabic :tazz:
10x in advance :)

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello

This can be fixed. You have to open the registry (Start < Run type regedit) then I advice you right click in the window that comes up "My Computer" press export and save it some where, where you could find it. This will serve as a backup just in case some thing goes wrong.

Now go Edit < find and type those arabic words and search for them one at a time. Tell me where you find then and I will tell you what ones you should change.

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
now that i've used my computer more , i've noticed that it's not abt right clicking only
see,if i click on any one of these arabic lines in the right click i get(4 example)

next.JPG

so i'm gettin really confused here
plz help

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
soo.................
no one is able 2 help me?!?!?!?!?!!
c'mon i know someone around there is smart enough to know what should I do!!!!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what do you see in control panel under Regional Settings applet?

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Take a look at this: http://www.microsoft...e2003/Visio.asp

have you set up your second language correctly?

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
sorry - double post!!

Edited by 1069, 25 October 2005 - 09:41 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Hi spirit_slash.

I am from Israel so I am a little familiar with this kind of problems though in another language. In most cases these problems are solved by: contro panel > regional and language. In Languages drop menu make sure that the box "install files for complex script and right to left...." is checked. Then in the same place make sure that "Language used in menus ....." is English. Go to regional options and make sure English appears in the upper dialog box. As for the bottom one, "Location", put the country of your choice. Now go to Adanced and make sure that English appears there at the top dialog box. Now, very important, check the box "Apply all settings to the current user account ...... Follow the instructions and I believe that you are set.