Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

norton expiry

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a norton antivirus that every 20 seconds or so brings up a popup stating that my virus protection has expired etc. would'nt be so bad if the popup could be hidden but it refuses to go awy or be hidden behind other windows! can anyone out there help me before my computer goes through the window?

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
This will be moved out of software updates and into Applications forum;

Your AV (trial?) has expired; you will have to purchase the program or remove it from your computer.
To remove, check instructions at Symantec site carefully first.

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
check these things
1.click start
click run
type msconfig and click ok
in the startup tab of MS system configuration utility,check for any security alert entry from norton or symantec and lemme know.
2.open control panel
check for norton security center and see whether you can tweak any changes there.
If nothing works,Uninstall norton and go with free AV.
this alert is caused by the norton security center always.
post again.