Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Should I just Try To Reload Again?

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hi
We are haveing tectnical issues after a forum upgrade, the odd post like yours shows up with no first post, we are trying to fix it as fast as we can. Please repost you question here, and I will try to help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 20 October 2005 - 07:13 PM.

Advertisements

AFVM

AFVM

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I'm sorry, I'm still new to all this. I thought it actually had attached to my first post about reloading Windows XP and not having my internal ethernet connection and no sound. The device manager says that there is a hardware problem. Everything was fine until I reloaded. I've tried what people have advised me and I still can't fix the problem. When I first reloaded I had a linksys router attached to the ethernet and I didn't remove it when I took the system down and put the CD back in. But I've tried using the other CDs from Dell, the ones with drivers and utilities, etc. Nothing has worked. Should I just try to go from scratch again and reload?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Andrea

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
When you say that device manager says it is a hardware problem do you mean that there is a yellow ! or ? next to some thing? If so right click the device and chose "update driver". In the wizard that comes chose "yes this time only" and follow the wizard and then post back and tell me how it went.

The post not comeing up is nothing to do with you it is a forum error that we are trying to fix.

AFVM

AFVM

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I'm so excited!!! I actually fixed everything myself!!!I downloaded drivers and video decoders too! Thanks for all the help. I know now where to turn in an hour (or day, or week, or month...) of need.
Andrea