Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

Dave D

Dave D

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was running windows XP pro with AVG, zone alarm, spybot, adaware se and 1-2-3 spyware. A few weeks aga I started experiencing problems with sites that required logging in. They were sites that I previously had no issues with such as friendsreunited, computer active, Lycos, steam ( for counter strike online game).
Now if for example i log onto friendsreunited, I start on the register/log in page. I log in and get to my home page. I select a school, workplace or message etc. and I am back to the log/register page. This circle of logging in then being going one page further then back to log in page happens all the time now. Having run all my spyware and all my virus progrmaaes, the problems still persisted. I decided to reformat my c drive and as I was unable to locate my XP disk, i installed windows 2000 pro, but I still get the same problems.
I have in addition to previous anti virus/spyware programmes installed the ewido programme from this site, but the problem still persists.
I am not sure where to go next, apart from removing my 2 hard drives and replacing them both.
I have since also reformatted all my drives, but to no avail.
Any ideas please???

Dave D