Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

GeeksToGo doesn't remember my password ?

• Please log in to reply

ruegemeraa

ruegemeraa

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
This problem (separate from my malware problem) occurs when trying to login to GeeksToGo (GTG) after having turned off my PC earlier same day or previous day. I get message saying "password incorrect" when I try to login. I know, 99% of the time it is "headspace and timing" on the part of the operator, or so they say. However, I have been extremely meticulous when entering the password (I have it written on paper alongside my PC) since this has happened every day since I registered. Only way I can login is to use "lost password" option (after 3 attempts to login) and have GTG send me an email with link to enter new password. I then establish new password and it allows me to login. However, next day, same problem again.

Also, when I do login, onscreen is a note saying welcome back, last time you logged in was 17 Oct 05 even though I have logged in every day since 17 Oct (today is 20 Oct).

I registered with GTG on 16 Oct 05 and posted malware problem on 18 Oct at 2208.

Perhaps it is related to my malware problem ? (infected with Trojan.Vundo and Winfixer 2005, MiniBugTransporterXClass file damaged) ?? in which case will continue to wait on initial reponse to it ?? I am still patiently waiting for initial reply from 18 Oct 05 2208 posting on malware issue, but this login problem with GeeksToGo is frustrating with frequent logins to check for replies to my malware problem posting.

Appreciate any guidance on how to handle this problem with GeeksToGo login. Thanks......ruegemeraa

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,046 posts
  • MVP
it may be a malware issue...but...admin just upgraded the horum software and there are some unresolved issues...this problem may be due to these issues...just keep your eyes on this thread and we'll get a deffinitive answer