Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

IE 6 main (Home) page won't display

• Please log in to reply

Ricardo Todorojo

Ricardo Todorojo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I log on to either browsers the main page won't show anything in the main window. I can get the window by clicking the go arrow or refresh.

This just started a few days ago and I am pretty sure I caused the problem but I can't figure out how to fix it. I have deleted and reinstalled both programs and nothing changes.

I am running XP home edition. Windows and IE are both updated, the problem didn't start with the updates.

Any help will be appreciated. hijack this, log and startup list attached.

Thanks, Ricardo :tazz:

Attached File  hijackthis_log.txt   9.99KB   86 downloadsAttached File  startuplist.txt   9.64KB   88 downloads

10/21/05 Tried both fixes suggested in the browser section (no improvement). Installed Firefox and that works fine. So it seems to me that it is in IE?

10/21/05 Just wanted to add, that I cleaned up the files, ran 2 spyware programs and anti-virus on my computer prior to posting. Also noticed that when I go to the IE Browser home page that the web site address is shown on the task bar after I refresh the name is shown. Other web pages are affected also but not many.

Edited by Ricardo Todorojo, 22 October 2005 - 07:41 AM.