Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

To everyone with Newmalware.u problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rodrigo

Rodrigo

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I found this little bit of info on the web. Put your computer into safe mode. Run your virus scan. Since no background processes will be functioning from the malware it will allow you to delete it.

Advertisements

Rodrigo

Rodrigo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
OH btw. i tried this on my little malware problem. Deleted it. It worked great.. no more evil malware

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Thanks for the update, Usually most folks will try this and it may or may not work,
Should you need any further assistance with this I highly recommend
Please run through the steps outlined in this Topic

Post a HJT log in the
Malware forum

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
As Don said, this advice doesn't work for most malware infections....and I'd be very suprised if it did completely work for yours.

While we appreciate the fact that you want to help out, we do not allow non-Staff Members to post help on the boards. There are too many things that could go wrong, and too many Malwares that can make themselves look "legitimate". Many times, there are special tools and fixes that need to be used, and our Staff Members are trained to recognize and clean these infections.

If you are interested in training to become a Staff Member, please post Here

Thank you for your cooperation!

Kat
GeeksToGo Administrator

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I just wanted to add that I am currently helping a few other members with this infection and their AV did find one file assocaited with the infection, But this particular infections drops files into numerous randomly named folders and under multiple user ( provided you have multiple user on your system)
As stated earlier, Run through the steps in the prior to posting a HJT log and then post a HJT log for a staff member to review due to it is very likely that the entire infection will not be removed with just the running of an Anti Virus program in safe or normal mode,

Thanks
Don