Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frontpage and RSS

• Please log in to reply

outatime88

outatime88

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I'm working on a site in frontpage. I access the site through frontpage, and this is the only way I know of to get to the files on the server. Anyway, I'm trying to put an RSS file on the server using frontpage. When I try to validate it using a validator, it says that it can't find it. When I open the RSS file in frontpage, it automatically puts in some html code at the top of file, and I think this is whats messing it up. Any help would be great.

Advertisements

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Maybe you could open it in another program, such as notepad? Sorry, I'm not familiar with RSS files so can't offer much help there.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Frontpage is not designed for RSS, period.

http://www.webrefere...perl/makerss.pl and the code it generates should give you an idea of where to start with an RSS file.