Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AVG Free Server "Issues"

• Please log in to reply

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
@ AVG Free Forum:
Date: October 21, 2005 01:27AM

Currently the AVG 7 Free update servers are having technical problems and will be resolved as soon as possible.

Your AVG will still provide you the protection you need, they just won't be able to update normally and the icon in the system tray will likely turn from the normal colors to the black and white indicating a problem.

If needed, you may update manually even though this isn't recommended. Note.. the servers that supply the manual updates have been getting overloaded since the automatic servers are having problems... be patient and you will eventually get in.

We will remove this notice as soon as we see the updates working again. We (the Moderator's) will likely not respond to questions concerning this since there is nothing else that they can do about this until the situation is resolved. Feel free to discuss this as you wish.

AVG Free Forums»

Patience all! :tazz:

Advertisements

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
Servers @ AVG up and running just fine this morning! :tazz:

roki34

roki34

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem...
I wanted to update avg but it was impossible..and then after a coup of attempts there was..the update wasnt succesful-there is something wrong with your avg..you should install it again..
so I tried to install it again and again and it said:
Local machine: installation failed
Installation:
Error: Action failed for file avgcc.exe: creating file....
Bad file descriptor

what should I do?
is a problem with the computer?

tnx
rok