Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with Adobe 6.0

• Please log in to reply

kltaylo

kltaylo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have installed Adobe 6.0 on my computer, but cannot get it to open up any files. It just simply freezes up. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but still have the same problem. I have very limited knowledge on computers and have no idea how to fix this. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!!

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
There is as I understand some problem with Adobe 6 that makes it very slow to open, I don't think it is freezing rather you are just not waiting the several minutes that it needs to open on some computers. The only work around that I know if is use Adobe 5

Sorry I can't help more.

gemmacat

gemmacat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am having the same issues. Although it was working up until the google toolbar screwed up the other programs on the computer. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and still not having any luck! I hope someone answers this thread! :tazz: Its very frustrating!!!!

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and Welcome to Geekd To Go gemmacat

Since you have posted your own topic, don't you think it is best to wait till some one answers there instead of posting where some one else is trying to get help?

For those interesting in helping his thread is HERE

Edited by Michael Buckley, 22 October 2005 - 06:14 PM.

kltaylo

kltaylo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My problem wasn't a matter of waiting for the Adobe to pull up the image. It would freeze up on my computer. When I would do an end task it would have not responding next to it.
I did manage to get my Adobe to start working though, but I'm not sure exactly how. I went to this website http://codebetter.co...10/06/2095.aspx
and followed his instructions. It didn't work the first time. So I uninstalled, reinstalled...tried it again. Still didn't work. So I went to Add/Remove in the control panel and did a repair on Adobe 6.0(which I had already done about 5 times before). Then the program started working. I hope this helps anyone else who might be having problems with Adobe!