Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hey! Has anyone heard of a file SDDBVC?

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi everyone. I just ran across a strange file that is listed in my firewall. It has just appeared there recently, and I have no idea where it came from or what it is for.

The file is named > SDDBVC <and so far it has not tried to access the internet that I am aware of. Can anyone tell me what that little file is for?

Thanks Wendy

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I looked up that file, and I can not find any thing about it, you can test the file Here on jotti's file scanner to see if it is malicious or not.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Micael Buckley, Thanks for the prompt response. I just tried to upload that bugger to the site that you posted, however, it said that my firewall or some malware had prevented it from up loading.

So I did the Google thing and came up with this link >> http://www.google.co...0&sa=N&filter=0 <<

OK so I scroll down the page looking for anything that makes any sense and I found this link >>

Geeks To Go -> Malware? Spyware? Worm? Virus? [RESOLVED]
No disinfected C:\Program Files\Cosmi\Spyware Killer Pro\scanner\sddbvc.exe
Adware:Adware/Gator No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\GatorPdpLoudInstaller.Log ... <<

OK, so then I followed that link, and it brought me here >> http://geekstogo.com...ST&f=37&t=42193 <<

:tazz: Now I am even more confused than I was at the start. Would you mind looking over all of this stuff and telling me just how it applies to that SDDBVC file.

I haven't been using that Spyware Killer Pro program, however it is still in my system, but the SDDBVC file had not been listed in my firewall until just recently.

:) What do I do now?

Thanks Wendy

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
wendy, may i suggest that you take a trip through our malware forum as spyware killer is a rogue antispyware program ( http://www.spywarewa...nti-spyware.htm )

you can go through the malware process by clicking on the malware forum link in my signature.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi dsenette, Thanks for the reply, I've gone to the link that you gave me and checked it out before. I just went again to double check and there is a note in the section for 'SpyWare Killer Pro' that says they have been removed from that list.

Nonetheless I guess it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and un-install the whole thing from my system as I seldom run it anyway.

Thanks again,
Wendy

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Some kinds of malware give their files random names so they can't be searched for.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Tyger, Thanks for the reply. I ran it down and found out that it is a file in a program that I have called 'SpyWare Killer Pro'. I don't use the program anymore so I think I'll just uninstall it and be done with it.

Although it does have me wondering how it suddenly turned up in my firewall.
Bye Wendy

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you should still go back through the malware forum wendy....that program may have allowed one or two extra things into your machine

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi dsenette, Thanks I have already taken your advice, however, now I fear that the guys in the malware forum will be upset with me.

When I had tried to post my HJT log I had gotten 'page cannot be displayed' so I hit the back button, then tried to post it again, and got the same results. I did that three times before I gave up.

Then when I went to the forum I found all three of those posts listed. Strange thing though, cause when I tried to view any one of them all I could pull up was the topic heading. Are you guys having troubles too, or is that just me?

Thanks Wendy

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It is a bug that we are trying to fix from the forum up grade. Post it again! I will get the three that you posts closed.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 25 October 2005 - 10:23 PM.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Michael Buckley, Thanks for the reply. I hope that it isn't the PC flue that's gotten you'll system down.
OK I'll post again, and thanks for taking care of those other three posts too. Bye Wendy