Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow net and lots of errors

• Please log in to reply

ButterflyC

ButterflyC

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
At first I was connecting fine, but then I noticed every page came up as cannot fins server.

I disconnected, then I got:
error 691:

The computer you're dialing in to cannot establish a Dial-Up Networking connection.
Check your password, and then try again.

The password should not have any errors, because I have it set to remember password. After several attempts and dealing with "line is busy" errors I finally got on, but the sluggishness and errors persisted off and on. For a while I could not check my hotmail account without errors.

Is this a general problem with everyone, a few people, or just my computer?

I was looking at the internet health report and found it lit up with lots of yellows and reds. It looks like level3 and Verio are having issues, but I can't seem to find any resources on the net, why this is going on. Any resources out there?

I screencapped the internet health report at the time I was finally able to load pages (in case it does improve by the time anyone reads this). I hope it gets fixed soon whatever is making things slow to load.

http://scoreboard.ke...Password=public

Attached Thumbnails

• internet_issue.gif

Edited by ButterflyC, 21 October 2005 - 03:09 AM.

Advertisements