Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

best AGP video card?

• Please log in to reply

jspiccolo

jspiccolo

• Pip
  • 5 posts
what is the best Agp video card out there ?????

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It would depend on the use, if you post what you need it to do you will get a better response

jspiccolo

jspiccolo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok then....... two questions i want to play todays games and im not getting the preformance i want.

im not much of a wiz with this kinda stuff just started tinkering w/ this junk about 6 months ago? help!

i have a ati x700 pro w/ p4 3.0 and 1.25gb ram and i currently using the 80gig hard drive out of my $400 emachines i had a while back.

i dont know how fast the hard drive is, i have tried looking it up in the users manuals and tried looking online cant figure it out.

anyways my first question is if i get a second hard drive say.... 120 gig 7200rpm.... would this help the preformace of my games?(quake 4, fear, doom3, fable)

second what is the best agp video card for gaming out there and will upgrading make much of a difference??? say......ati radeon x850 xt or xl platinum edition?

thank you

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the easiest to get hold of AGP card that is very good is the 6800 Ultra but even its starting to show its age now, although the x700 is a pretty decent card. Another hard drive would improve your load times as long as you used it and not the lod one for games. I would just save your money your PC is good enough to play the games now(quake 4 is not to demanding at all very impressive efficiency from the updated doom engine) in a year or two build your self a new one for the next set of games, there going to be a big change in the hardware in the next few years we are seeing the start of it now with things like the xfi sound cards and the physx cards coming next year and 3d monitors next year as well, so iwouldnt blow your cash on upgrades now that arent neccesary.