Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Video card problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, I have been trying to research this myself and have not come up with any kind of answers. I am not very computor savvy, so you are going to have to dumb it down for me.

I am trying to play a game called Stronghold 2. As far as I know, my computor meets the min requirements. I will tell you what I have, and what the game requires. The game loads fine, but once in the main menu, the images are all messed up and flashing with no writing in the option boxes. I think it is a problem with my video card, but I don't know. Perhaps you can tell me.

I have:
Sony Vaio GRZ-610 Pentium 4 processor
Windows XP
2A GHz
80Gb hard drive
DirectX 9.0
ATi Mobility Radeon 7500c video card
(I believe it is a 32Mb video card according to my research)

Game requires:
Minimum Hardware
Operating System: Win98SE/ME/2000/XP
CPU: 1.4 Ghz
RAM: 256 Mb
Graphics: 32Mb (GeForce2 MX upwards)
DirectX: 9.0c
Disk Space: 2.5 Gb

Recommended Hardware
Operating System: Win98SE/ME/2000/XP
CPU: 2.0 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Graphics: 64Mb
DirectX: 9.0c
Internet play Broadband connection recommended

Can you let me know what is wrong, or what I need to do? Cause I just don't know...

Thanks much,

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
The graphics cards in laptops aren't as fast as desktop ones. To keep heat down they have to leave things out. Like the stuff for 3D. So I'm not sure if it would work or not. I notice that you say you have DirectX 9.0. The latest is DirectX 9.0C. This is also what the game calls for. You can download the latest version from Microsoft's website. Try that first and see if the game works. If not, I think you might be out of luck. Everything else in your system meets the requirements.