Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Keyboard problem

• Please log in to reply

Splat

Splat

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
A while back my keyboard went a bit strange. (I'm using a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse) The 2 key now has the @ sign when you press it with the shift key. instead of havign the " this is no were the @ sign originally was and is getting a little bit annoying for me. This is the same as the # sign and the the 3 key, there are also a lot more of my keys changing functions some have changed completly and others just won't work properly now.

If any one can suggest anything to try or what I could do I would be very thankfull :tazz:

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Sounds like your keyboard layout has been changed to US English. If you change it back to 'United Kingdom', the " sign will be on the '2' key and the @ sign will be on the ' key. You should be able to alter the layout in control panel

Splat

Splat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
When I go into the Control Panel and look at the keyboard settings there dosn't look to be a way to change it back to United Kingdom settings. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then control panel, date time and regional then regional options, click languages then details

The default input should be United Kingdom, click apply and reboot

Splat

Splat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Have now got this problem sorted thanks very much for all your help :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts