Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Looking for DVD ripping software

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
i am looking for some software to rip my own person DVD's to my harddrive for my own personal usage, anybody know of any free, or cheap software that will do that in a format windows can read, and also software to back up my DVDs, particualry my Anime DVD's thoes things are expansive to replace, and i am mad now cause 2 of them are missing, thar ar like $30+ a pop mostly, thanx

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I have neverd use these product but have used there DVD software and both are of good quality. Both companys give trials of the software so I would download both and play around with them.

CyberLink

PowerDVD Copy

InterVideo

InterVideo DVD Copy

Hope that this helps.

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
ok, i'l try them, thanx

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
http://www.videohelp.com

only place you will need to go

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Best free backup program: http://www.dvdshrink.org/

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
hey admin, thanx, thats just what i was looking for, i can back them up to ISO's then use or nero to burn them to my dual layer, or use Alchahol 120% to play them as DVDs on my computer, thanx a bunch!

yoshihiro

yoshihiro

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
ok guys.

I copied a dvd to my hard drive using dvdshrink. Now I need to work out how to play it? any ideas?

it only gives me options like video ts?

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Been here?
http://gordianknot.sourceforge.net/

yoshihiro

yoshihiro

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Have now. I will follow the steps on there. thanks!

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
you can also use Alchol 120%, it is great software, lol

Koretek

Koretek

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Yes Alcohols a decent prgram, I am getting a kick out of Isobuster, now that saves me a ton of time. Oh but BTW it sounds like all you need is a reg player for DVD's like..... hmmmn, favs that come to mind are

Core Player
Media Player
U can search on google.
ALSO get this
The Matroska Pack and plugins for them
http://cdl.matroska.org/

Try videohelp.com for the best source of free programs on the net and help on how to develop your own Video copies, it has sister sites like dvdhelp.com.

Just so you know, making copies of Anime is about the toughest thing to do because of the way they are encoded, its a complicated process I know believe me!

Let me know if you have problems, I have a few (maybe only 1-2) links of copying Anime. My best advice is that the quick stuff like anything that doesnt have you work with the video and sound seperately will make you nuts so the more comlicated looking the work is, the better the results will be. I know that sounds crazy but its true.

Koretek

Koretek

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
While this isnt copying Anime its a really fun, pretty cool new site out for video and finding info on TV video listings. Anyone tried this yet?

www.video.google.com
I cant wait to see it in full action as its Beta

and this has NOTHING to do with video but fun as well, a lot of pretty funny definitions can be found here at:
www.Buzzwhack.com

Edited by Koretek, 06 February 2005 - 03:11 PM.