Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers

• Please log in to reply

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
so i got vista and it works and is cool and all but i still need drivers for my modem and sound card. does anyone know where i can find them

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

So how did you manage to get Vista considering it is still in beta ??
Murray

Elite Emerz

Elite Emerz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have vista too, it all depends on which drivers you want, if you want the nVidia nForce drivers for a motherboard (audio, ethernet, and video) heres the link

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/vista/beta1/

i have the 32 bit izh of cource and i just need to find an alternate networking driver, if anyone knows anywhere to get vista drivers post cuz i need them!!

i have vista 1 but its freakin pointless unless u find ur network card

oh and you can get Vista 1 if you're lucky and go to the right convention's orr you could get bitcomet. :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
welll...if you got "vista" from a bittorrent client...then you didn't get vista...you probably just got the xp skin conversion...and if you did get actual vista..then you got it illegally and we can't help you....and anyone who would be invited to the "right conventions" would know that since the os is in beta testing...that drivers for the OS aren't going to be available to the public...if the drivers are even written at all...

Elite Emerz

Elite Emerz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, well my friends got passed copies of longhorn at a convention, and its really not hard to get beta from a torrent client and have it actually be beta 1.

im not an idiot and i realize the difference between modified XP and vista beta.

just to let you know, you are absolutely wrong, beta was passed out, i jsut wasnt there to recieve it, and even if you do get it from a torrent downloader, you still only get the trial version, its not full, but it is fun to play with. Also, theres a difference between asking for drivers and asking for illegal software.

just for future reference, i got passed a copy of longhorn, yes a legal one, and since the drivers for longhorn are basically the vista drivers, i believe im asking, in your terms, for legal information.

Edited by Elite Emerz, 30 November 2005 - 03:56 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not according to microsoft, they are very specific about it if you arent a member of the MS beta group then you arent holding a legal copy of the OS. Tthey wont help you so why should we, there is no trial versions its a beta there is a big difference and they made quite a few changes from the original longhorn to the vista beta that they have out now.
And the drivers for the vista beta are easy to find for popular hardware so there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to find them easily enough without our help.

Just because someone gave it out at a convention doesnt mean you should have it, they give out alot of stuff at conventions they often shouldnt.