Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DISTORTED PICTURES WHILE BROWSING INTERNET

• Please log in to reply

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hi
just recently i reformatted a dell inspirion 700m. i installed all the windows updates but hadnt really been surfing the web with it.

just recently i started using it and noticed that while browsing, although the webpages would appear to be fully loaded, the pictures remain to be distorted (as if internet explore were still loading them).
the existing pictures on the computer (the four landscape pictures microsoft provides as samples are perfectly fine); when i browse the internet, or try to save a picture and then reopen it, the picture remains to be distorted after its saved onto my computer.

please let me know if you have any ideas
thanks
Paul

Advertisements

Kalian

Kalian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
the picture distortion is browser related. i also noticed discoloration and distortion of templates and banners on websites as well.

no, im not jumping to conclusions when i say its browser related. yesterday a friend and i ran a series of to find the source of the problem. the following series of tests came from images found on google.

1. testing the browser - to test the browser, my friend ran a search through google and picked a clear image that she thought would be perfect for the test. i.e. a high resolution picture. she sent me a link to the search and pointed out which picture we were to use. i then loaded the link and opened the picture to find that it finished loading as a low resolution distorted discolored picture (no surprise there)

2. i copied this picture from my browser and sent it via ftp, copy and paste thru email, and saved and attached to email. all of them were received distorted and discolored.

3. she then turned around and repeated the procedures that i took. when she sent me the picture via ftp it came out perfectly fine. when she attached it as a file to email it was fine also. but when she sent it as part of an email (as an html) it loaded as distorted and discolored like all the pictures before.

the pictures she had sent me via ftp and attached through email i opened through paint without a problem. i set it as a wallpaper, and then set a distorted one as a wallpaper to test to see if it was a graphic issue. Because the distortion originates and remains from within the browser i have eliminated any theory that the graphics card, driver, or setting was an issue. images not loaded through the browser were perfectly fine, and the browser itself was not distorted itself. i.e. its template, text etc were all okay. just the images are what seemed to be affected

so now that i have located the problem does anyone have any idea how to fix it? or would anyone have any idea on how to uninstall and then reinstall internet explore?

please let me know if you know anything. i hate to reformat again just to fix this problem.
thanks
Kalian