Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Service Pack Problems

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can put this drive in to another PC and get the data off that way

This drive would need to be set as slave to the native drive on the other PC

Advertisements

besty18

besty18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Okay, well, I guess that's my only option. Thank you so much Keith, I appreciate your help.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
No need to replace the computer if you want to keep the old one. what you should do is remove your hard disks and install them, one after the other, as slaves on another computer and backup your valuable data to the other computer's hard disk or to an external storage device (cd, usb HD). after that reinstall your disks back into your computer and perform a clean installation of windows (reformatting the disks in the process). After having a fresh installation you can reinstall your backed up files.

Can you or perform this task?

besty18

besty18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
That's a great idea and I will try it, but I have no idea how to remove the disks and make them act as slaves on another computer. Is there any place you know to go to research that or links to easy directions? I appreciate it so much!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look through this

http://www.helpwithp...-hard-drive.htm

Post back if you need help with it

You can format this drive when you get the data off