Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

just one long beep ... what does that means?

• Please log in to reply

hellawaits

hellawaits

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hello every one :)

I just got my brother's pc and power it up and before anything showing in the monitor it just gives a long beep (just one that last for about 3 seconds and after about 5 secs. it beeps again , that same long one 3secs.) and that's all it does. what does that means and how can i fix it?

HELP!!! ANY ONE...... :tazz:

I got an 2200+ AMD athlon Win XP

Edited by hellawaits, 21 October 2005 - 09:37 PM.

Advertisements

not_napster

not_napster

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Did you just upgrade the memory ? I think the memory(RAM) is unseated . Make sure the RAM is locked in place properly.

Let us know if your problem gets solved.

Thanks

not_napster

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
usally the manufacturer from what i understand usally have there own little code on there beeps ... not universal yet =(

So what kinda mobo do u have ?

hellawaits

hellawaits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks for the REALLY fast reply :tazz:

I really have no idea how to tell the kind of MOBO i got.... it's an emachine T2200 w/ 512 DDR ram and 100GB HD.

Can that help??

hellawaits

hellawaits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
i tried the ram and its well in place and it is still doing the same beep.

HJRich

HJRich

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've experienced the samething on a Dell pc, when I would bootup I would just get one long beep then the power would go off after 5,6 sec. The machine was fine before hand and I had not just added the RAM.

It turned out to be a bad stick of RAM. Tested the RAM in another PC and it did the samething, beep and power off.
It might be worth buying a stick of RAM and removing the current RAM. After all you can never have too much memory. Good Luck!!

If its not the RAM here are the specs for your MB-Model Type: eMachines L7VMM2/1.0A Motherboard

HJR

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the motherboard is less important then the bios type...if that is your model motherboard, it takes an award bios, and one long beep means bad ram