Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trouble with setup

• Please log in to reply

churdy

churdy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Can any one help

My Son formatted his computer..can get to the A:/ prompt then when he went to run setup for windows me it comes back with a message "windows Me requires a computer with more than 32mb of memory to install Win ME..which is quite strange as he was running WIN ME before he formatted drive...any suggestions

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi Churdy,

take a look at this link - if you are having problems it may be worth going through the reformatting process gain.

http://www.winsupers...nme_install.asp

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi churdy...

Start the machine with a startup disk in the floppy drive. Format again using fdisk. Delete any partition you find, then create a new partition and set it Active. (make sure to enable support for large drives when prompted.) Restart the machine and format the drive using the command format /s

Then try reinstalling Windows ME.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 24 October 2005 - 11:04 PM.