Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow DSL why?

• Please log in to reply

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
I just got SBC DSL the slowest service or whatever and im only dowloading at 37kb/s .....why is it going so slow ........is it becuase i was just activated

Advertisements

FuM

FuM

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
if ur in florida ur answer is wilma like me :tazz:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I have SBC here and the DL speed is about 40kb/s. It's not as fast as cable, but it is more dependable and the upload speed is nearly as fast as the download.

anoobrew

anoobrew

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
yah but my ping in BF2 is really high and same with CoD ................and my download speed start out over 60 kb/s then drops to low 40s

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

yah but my ping in BF2 is really high and same with CoD ................and my download speed start out over 60 kb/s then drops to low 40s

Many ISPs throttle their speeds that way, so you can download a webpage quickly but a larger file uses less "bandwidth".