Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange blue screen

• Please log in to reply

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I was browsing some results on google about half an hour ago when suddenly this blue screen pops up with the words "begin physical memory dump" :woot: I immediately turned off the computer through the button on the CPU and restarted it.

Everything seems fine, except my antivirus no longer works :tazz:. So, I went to the website and downloaded the installer and installed it again, only to find out it needs to be activated and I do not have the password at the moment. So, now I have no antivirus :), well, at least not until I find the password.

Anyways, can anyone tell me what exactly is that blue screen? Is it a virus or is it just some sort of computer malfunction? Recently, I found there are messages popping up when I shut down the computer, and they all say UIPOPUP.EXE (or something like that) is in use. There's the option of "end task" and "cancel", and the program manages to shut itself down before I click end task. This does not show up on task manager either. Does it have something to do with the screen? I've always thought it was some pop under ads from various websites...

I'm in the middle of scanning with McAffee free scan, and nothing's turned up yet. I've also deleted the temporary internet files and things with CCleaner, and nothing is showing up on taskmanager, that's good I suppose. Hopefully, someone can help with this, and thanks in advance

Update: The MaAffee free scan turned up with nothing, and I did a Symantec online scan which gave me this C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\InstallerV4.exe is infected with Spyware.SafeSurfing
But so far, nothing is relating to the antivirus becoming corrupted...

Edited by lil_cat_luver, 22 October 2005 - 01:54 AM.

Advertisements