Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My site on gaming and emulation

• Please log in to reply

The Infinite

The Infinite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I'll probably be getting the full version (not the trial) in a couple of days now...

I added some awesome codes to the site, most of which you can't miss. There's one 3-D effect code that changes the look of the whole site... Can someone tell me if it should leave or stay? :tazz: I'm a bit of a fix - I dunno whether it looks okay or not... :)

Advertisements

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I don't see any 3d effects in firefox nor ie

The Infinite

The Infinite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Well, neither did I. I use Opera mostly, and it's pretty clear (the effect, I mean). Firefox is good, but a little too slow for me. I use Opera cause it's really fast and it's tabbed. Firefix has tabs as well, but nah...
Maybe you could check it out with Opera, if you have it? Otherwise it's pretty much the same as before, except more stuff has been added. Maybe I'll try and get the cross-browser version of the same code, lemme see...

Edited by The Infinite, 29 October 2005 - 09:49 PM.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
No I don't have Opera, but I think it's best if you could make it work in IE at least, since the majority of people use IE. It would be great if you could make it work in Firefox as well, it's probably right next to IE in popularity (I think). And one last thing, if the 3d effect slows down the loading time significantly, you should probably take it off...but it loaded pretty much at the same speed for me, so it's probably no big deal.

The Infinite

The Infinite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Yeah, I know that most people use either IE or Firefox... Like I said, maybe there's a cross browser code available...

Thanks a lot for reviewing my site so many times, I appreciate it! :tazz:

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Did you make up the code yourself or is it done by someone else? If it's the latter, then it wouldn't really depend on you would it? :tazz:

The Infinite

The Infinite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Whoa! I'm not that good at coding (yet). These are all pre-made codes for ProBoards sites, but they're quite tough to find. And it's up to the person who uses the code to modify some parts of it like he wants to. You can't change the whole code, of course, but aligning, colors, text, etc. can be changed accordingly.
I don't think I can make it cross-browser, cause it uses CSS (style sheets), and it looks like this partticular feature (not CSS but this particular thing) is not supported by either IE or FF.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
You can always search on google for a similar effect...