Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop DVD drive not responding

• Please log in to reply

s26

s26

• Pip
  • 6 posts
my first posting so hope it all makes sense.. :help:

My laptop seems to have stopped playing audio CD's!

when I put a music CD into the drive there's no response, after a long pause I originally got a message that the format might not be compatable with windows or that components on the disc may be missing. However I've tried a variety of CD's both proper and err unproper and none of them work. Now I get a message that there is no disc in the drive.
It does however play DVD's fine with no problem but now won't recognise when just audio CD's are in the drive.

what can I do?
any help would be great and much appreciated.

Advertisements

andy

andy

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi, it sounds like it could be a software fault to me, but if you could borrow a USB drive and if that will play Audio cd's you know it's your drive.

Hope this is some help!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
right click my computer > manage > device manager and look for any yellow ?