Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't view all content. And other IE problems

• Please log in to reply

Konfuzed

Konfuzed

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi.

When I view certain websites not all content is shown and bits are missing. One of the web sites I visit regulary doesn't show the menu bar and others just show menu bars but no content. I know the content should be there because they are sites I visit all the time. Also when i try to click on certain links and boxes within sites nothing happens, I dont get redirected and the page just stays as it is. It doesnt even attempt to load.

The sites it happens on are:

http://www.stagsnet.net - Should be a blue menu bar at top
http://www.virgin.net - Only the menu bar is there , but no other content
There are also various others that it happens on.

I thought it could be my firewall (zonealarm) so i turned it off and tried, but same thing happened. I've also run Spybot and NoAdware and they came back clean. I have read that there have been problems with IE 6 but i cant work out how to determine what version I have.

Also the same thing happens when i run 'search' out of my start menu. All i get is the template but no search boxes or anything.

This is getting increasing frustrating and dont know what it could be or how to resolve it. Could I have a virus of some kind. Any help would be fantastic thanks.

Advertisements

Konfuzed

Konfuzed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have also just tried a system restore but when i click on 'system restore' from start menu nothing happens the first time, if you try it again a screen comes up which would be the system restore screen but its blank. Is this something to do with it?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you can find the folder that has the IE exe in it right click and choose properites to find the version and other information. IE6 doesn't really have any more problems than other versions. Also, have you updated your ActiveX and Java runtime environments lately? These are often used by websites and installed applications and should be kept up to date.