Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Magazines...

• Please log in to reply

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Hey, I was wondering what's a good PC Magazine to subscribe to?.. I know of two.. "PC Magazine" and "PC World"..Which one is better of the two? and do you know any others that are goodd? If someone could gimme some advice, that'd be nice! Thanks.

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I personally like PC World more than PC Magazine, but I think that both are good magazines. You could try looking at any magazines your friends, coworkers, or library has and see which one you like the most. I'm also thinking about subscribing to Computer Shopper.

Edit: I recently purchased the Holiday 2005 edition of Maximum PC, and was less than satisfied. It has some "colorful" language, and, in my opinion, is too oriented toward gamers. If you're a gamer, and you don't mind reading some swear words, this magazine is for you, but it certainly isn't my type of magazine.

Edited by Pi rules, 30 October 2005 - 07:36 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
pomp86,
Your question made me realize that of all the print magazines I read, none are tech ones. In case you or anyone else is interested, I'll list a few of my favorite online newsletters/mags, and I'm sure I'll forget someone.

The Langa List Fred Langa
WXPnews Deb Shindler
HelpWithWindows Arie Slob
SpywareInfo Newsletter Mike Healan
Scot's Newsletter Scot Finnie

Cnet, ZDnet, PC Mechanic, and PC Media have topic specific newsletters available.

Check this out, too: http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=71

Sorry I don't know much about the two mags you mentioned. I've looked at them both before, but it's easier to "read" on the net, I guess. Yahoo gave me a free subscription to their print magazine once, and I read it, but always felt incomplete, because I couldn't click on all the links...I'm not going to read a print magazine at my keyboard and type in 50 character specialized links. I'm looking forward to hearing what other people are reading. Thanks for starting the topic.

Johanna
:tazz: