Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse issuses

• Please log in to reply

ernieh

ernieh

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
all of the sudden my mouse will go freaky sometimes it shots to a corner sometimes it stops working for a short time and other times it moves a round randomly. i have tried to use other mouses but it still does not work correctly

Advertisements

noobtech

noobtech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
try cleaning the mouse. if that doesnt work try downloading new drivers for it. If that doesnt work it could be ur operating system having problems.

ernieh

ernieh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
it started doing it on win 98 but i recently upgraded to xp and it sill does it when useing 98 it was a ball mouse we have cleaned it many times and it still does it so we got a new optical mouse and it still does it

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You may have corrupted mouse drivers. Sometimes malware will cause the drivers to be corrupted.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic-Mouse Issues
Date-22nd Oct-2005

Do you play games on Internet – Sometimes the [ActivelX] Files take control of Mouse – I have [Norton PC Utility] – that I use to clean up these files – There seems to be a [Fine Line] between ActiveX Files & [Malware] –

Look this over
http://www.webopedia...eX_control.html

OR

[Google] ActiveX

For more info on ACTIVEX Controls

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 22 October 2005 - 06:48 PM.