Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How do I allow HTML forms

• Please log in to reply

jen147

jen147

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Sometimes when I try to sign up for an newsletter on a website I get a Security Alert that says:

Your security settings do not allow you to send HTML forms

How can I change this or should I?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi jen147!

Go to START-->CONTROL PANEL-->INTERNET OPTIONS. Click on the SECURITY tab, then click the CUSTOM LEVEL button. The Security settings window should now be open, scroll down the list about 3/4 of the way until you find the entry entitled Submit nonencrypted form data. Make sure this is set to PROMPT or ENABLED, whichever you prefer, but I would choose PROMPT to be on the save side.

Look at the attached picture to see what I'm talking about.

Fenor

Attached Thumbnails

• submitNonencryptedFormData.JPG

Edited by Fenor, 22 October 2005 - 11:55 AM.

jen147

jen147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Thanks for the reply Fenor. I checked that security setting and it was already on enabled. I did change it to prompt though. Anyway, I went back to the website that I was at earlier and tried again and still got the same alert. Any other ideas?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Who is your Internet provider?

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Also, check and see if you have any security software installed like NIS or Mcafee because they can really hose your system and not let you do much of anything you normally would be able to do without them.

Fenor

jen147

jen147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
My service provider is through my telephone company. Yes I do have NIS, anything in there that I can change? I guess my heart won't be broken if I can't change it, just irks me a little, I guess.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I would recommend that you uninstall norton IS because it quite frankly sucks. Hoses your system more then it helps. Makes you a prisoner of your own computer. After you uninstall it, you can install AVG, which is a very good free antivirus program.

Fenor

jen147

jen147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
I've read lots of places that NIS is a resource hog, besides the current problem I'm dealing with, what are it's other negatives?

I just bought it in June, it would probably aggravate me more to not keep it until it expires at least. But I did book mark AVG's site so that I can take advantage of that when NIS expires.

Thanks for all your help!!

Edited by jen147, 22 October 2005 - 07:26 PM.