Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

right click on desktop among a few other things not working

• Please log in to reply

andrew1185uk

andrew1185uk

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
hello.

basically im unable to right click on the desktop. however, ive tried right clicking in explorer windows to change properties of programs etc, but this also didnt work. so ive then tried using the file button in the top left.

i can use file explore on most programs, and file open to open folders from this top bar. its a bit of a nuisance but its not stopping me from browsing files.

the main problem im having though is once ive clicked file, whenever i go to click properties nothing happens. nothing at all. like the button just doesnt work. doesnt crash, doesnt open the property box.

its a nightmare because i need to change the compatibility, and cant find another way around this.

any help appreciated. cheers.

-addition-

this will probably go on this thread too actually. i sometimes leave computer on for dloading games or programs. when i go back to computer after being on for a few hours, i immediately get a blye screen error.

the error reads :

PCC-PFW.SYS
ADDRESS ED6C02CA
BASE AT ED6B000
DATASTAMP 3D6CC8C

Edited by andrew1185uk, 22 October 2005 - 05:43 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

this will probably go on this thread too actually. i sometimes leave computer on for dloading games or programs. when i go back to computer after being on for a few hours, i immediately get a blye screen error.

the error reads :

PCC-PFW.SYS
ADDRESS ED6C02CA
BASE AT ED6B000
DATASTAMP 3D6CC8C

Hi andrew1185uk

Here at G2G it is against our TOS to help people that are having problems with P2P programs. I hope you understand that we cannot help you with this problem.

Fenor

andrew1185uk

andrew1185uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok, no problem fenor, i understand that. :tazz:

any chance i could still be helped with the right click / when i click on properties nothing happens problem?

cheers.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Try doing a repair installation of windows using the link in my signature. Don't worry, all your programs will still work afterwards and you won't lose any of your files or settings. It only replaces the operating system files themselves (C:\WINDOWS). You will have to redo all Windows Updates after doing this.

Fenor