Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Pc Xp sp2

• Please log in to reply

demag

demag

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
This is getting better! :)

I found 4 hidden folders on the C Drive called, believe it or not, "found"!

Theres allsorts of junk in there including 40 zip files called Smitfraud-c :woot:

I haven't attempted to do anything with these and won't touch them till I get further instructions from GtoG.

Feeling a bit happier now :tazz:

demag.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello smitfraud is malware can you please post your log in the >Malware Forum< and wait till an expert comes and helps you.

You also have some programs that I would like to remove to make you computer a lot faster, so come back here when you are given all clean.

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Post edited by mod: Murray

Thank you for your interest in helping with malware removal however, here at geekstogo, we have people specially trained in this art that handle ALL of our malware issues..

Should you feel you would like to train and learn about Malware removal, please go to the Off Topic forum and submit your application in the appropriate thread.

Murray

You all sure have an odd way of showing your "appreciation" for my contributions and help for others.

If you would like to train and learn more about malware removal, PM me..............

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
We do not let those how have not been through GeekU answer malware problems because of the damage that it can do to the users Computer. We are glad that you would like to help, but we have to know that you know how to first. I am sorry but it is forum rules, I had to ask Murray to remove you post.

demag

demag

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok,

Thanks Michael and Johanna :woot:

(Is that really you on the avatar Johanna? :tazz: )

Talk soon,

demag. :)