Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell laptop monitor

• Please log in to reply

twopaw

twopaw

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< My dell laptop Inspiron 8200 monitor is suddenly not working. The screen is black. When I turn it off and then on again it works for a few seconds and then goes black again - almost as if it is in standby mode or something. It has a red cast to it sometimes when it comes on. There was really no warning, no prior flickering or such. It flickers now though when it briefly comes on and then turns black. The computer is only 2years old. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Welcome twopaw <_<!

I would think the battery is dead. Have you charged it recently? If so, please make sure the battery pack is sungged-in securely. If all else fails, the battery might have gone bad for good recently. Try using a different battery if you can.

baddad

baddad

• Pip
  • 2 posts
99% of the time the power inverter in the display is going out happens all the time with laptops the power inverter supplies power to the back lights in the display......contact the company that made the computer order the inverter mine was only 23 dollars popped the front of the display off unplugged the inverter and plugged in the new one ......and back in business.. <_<