Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Internet Security 2005 (non-spyware edition)

• Please log in to reply

DGS

DGS

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have a:
Compaq Presario SR1230NX
Windows XP Svc Pk 2 (also with auto updates)
512 MB Ram
2.20 Ghz

I have Norton Internet Security 2005 (not with spyware cleaner) set with auto updates, and I am having trouble configuring it to allow me to use my Outlook Express. (I have to disable Norton Security entirely to check or send mail in Outlook Express)

I also have to disable the Norton firewall (I can leave the rest of the security in place) in order to play my favorite online game (AllSlots).

I have jumped through hoops to make sure that I have no spyware problems.
Neither AdAware nor Spybot find any cookies or spyware at all now because I have aggressively managed my spyware blocking. Naturally I want to be protected from trojan horses, browser hijackers, and viruses, but in order to do my daily routine functions I have to disable part of my protection. I'm guessing that there is a way to configure Norton so that I can use Outlook Express and play AllSlots, but I cannot figure it out. I have even checked with the help desk at All slots and they have given me the ports to "open" but Norton still will not let me access All slots.

It makes me nervous to have to disable my protection in order to check my mail.
I have my Windows XP firewall turned off at Norton's recommendation.
Can someone help me?

Advertisements