Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add/Remove Error message!

• Please log in to reply

Inu-Ya

Inu-Ya

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm getting an error when I try to go in Add/Remove. This has *JUST* Happen. I have no Spyware and No viruses! what could have caused this? I have never seen this. i'm running Microsoft Windows Xp Prosessional Sp2 with 512MB of RAM. If I missed any Info. please inform me. I have Ccleaner to remove programs.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it just one programme you could re-install it, reboot and then remove it

Inu-Ya

Inu-Ya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

If it just one programme you could re-install it, reboot and then remove it

What you mean? Your telling me to just use Ccleaner? I'm wondering why all this just happen? Hmm... I have been changing my Visual back and forth but, I'm sure that can't be the problem. Any more advice?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you go to remove one programme and it gives you the error then you can re-install the one programme then use CCleaner or add / remove to uninstall it

Inu-Ya

Inu-Ya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

If you go to remove one programme and it gives you the error then you can re-install the one programme then use CCleaner or add / remove to uninstall it

lol, I have to laugh here sorry. Seems that this Visual was interfearing with Add/Remove. Here the link: http://www.xptheme.i...cfm...- Final / (Sorry the Link Icon didn't work :tazz: ) Anyways this is rather odd that a Visual would do this. I'm not using SytleXp. I was followed to do the uxtheme.2900.2180.zip file thing whitch for me works rather fine but that Visual is the first one to ever do that. I'm fine now. This is fixed.

Edited by Inu-Ya, 22 October 2005 - 10:15 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

Inu-Ya

Inu-Ya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Thank You for letting me know

No problem. I'll try not to do that again. I'll just find a visual similar to that one
:tazz: