Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi guys,
I am wanting to uninstall Quicktime, but I carn't seem to be able to find the uninstall.exe. I've looked in the Quicktime folder and the Quicktime control panel, but it is not there. I have also long deleted the uninstall.exe in the Start->Programs->Quicktime->Uninstall. I need to uninstall it because I went to install the itunes software and it came up with an error saying that the latest version of Quicktime is not installed, and aborted. Does anyone know another way to totally delete Quicktime. I will be greatly appreciated.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up then look for and remove any ticks for quicktime, click apply then reboot

When it gets to the desktop, click do not run configuration

Set a system restore point

Click start then search, look for quicktime, send any files to the recycle bin then reboot to check the PC is running OK

You should then be able to install quicktime then iTunes

If so, click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, put the dot in normal start up, click apply then reboot