So I basically had to go to your process 2...and...
I saw that name changed from vikram to belkin54g, so I assume it did get reset, however speed did not improve..infact when I went to cmd and did a “ping www.cnn.com”, the request timed out and I lost 100% of the packets…. Is the new belkin wireless just bad? Not that this would make a difference but I have a 220 to 110 V step down transformer that converts the voltage for the power source since I bought the belkin in US and I am now in Kazakhstan…
Anyway, here are the answers to your other questions -
1) I DID NOT BUY A SEPARATE CARD
2) Wireless Zero Config status - STARTED
3) vikram is now showing up..i had not changed hte name correctly last time.. now when i changed the SSID, i see vikram in the avail network list
4) Did you have to input a network key or passphrase when you recconected to your broadcast? <REPLY 4. NO>
5) . Did you add any other Security features in the Web Browser Access setup... such as WEP, WPA, MAC Filters or anything of the sort? <REPLY 5, NO>
When i did PROCESS 1
Made this channel 10 instead of 11, refreshed and then disconnected lan wire to go wireless… says signal strength excellent (54Mbs), but the speed has not improved.
PROCESS 2 : already stated at the beginning of this post...